Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review - Dark Shadows - Johnny Depp

 
 
I was able to download Dark Shadows w/ Johnny Depp as a rental from iTunes. I expected the story to be about as complicated as his pirate movies and that held true. The movie was visually stunning as are all these modern computer animated movies these days.

The story is basically all about a witch who is out to get Barnabus Collins because he won’t love her back.

I was really impressed with the accurate portrayal of the 1970’s. I expected it to be cliché, mocking, but instead it was very true to life and very matter-of-fact for the most part. The highlight of the movie was when the teenage girl was lying on her bed listening to Black Sabbath “Paranoid”

It did keep my interest for the entire time and it’s two hours long, so I guess that’s good. I have to say 5/5 but of course taking into consideration that it’s a movie made for children like his pirate movies..



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed 'Dark Shadows'. There's an indefinable charm about it, but I can equally appreciate why some people wouldn't like it. It's got a weirdness that is either going to draw you in or repel you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma - Yes, I enjoyed everything about it visually and Johnny Depp was really good in this. Yes, it's creepy, but we like creepy!

    ReplyDelete