Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review - The Invisible Man

 I bought this 4 pack from Amazon (The Mummy, The Wolf Man, The Invisible Man, and The Phantom of the Opera.) Last night I watched The Invisible Man. I really wasn't looking forward to it because I was expecting it to be next to boring. It was on TV when I was a kid but wasn't one of my favorites. The Invisible Man just couldn't compete with Frankenstein and Dracula for coolness! However, last night, after not seeing the movie for many years, I was shocked at how much old school horror movie atmosphere there was. The music was menacing, the towns, cars, and characters were rustic, and the Invisible Man was evil, a real monster! The Director was James Whale who also directed Frankenstein - that probably explains why this movie really stands out! I guess when I was a kid I wasn't that fascinated with the sets or the madness of invisible-man world domination! But I enjoyed it last night - a great mad scientist movie!

My Score: 5 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. I watched Bela Lugosi in 'Dracula' last night! I have just bought the Universal Monster collection with 8 films and I'm going to watch them in order. I've never seen 'The Invisible Man' so I'm looking forward to getting to it... especially after you've given it such a good review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! 8 films, that sounds good! Yeah, I think you'll like it!

      Delete