Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review - Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection

 I bought a package from Amazon.com called "Hollywood's Legends of Horror Collection." It comes in a cardboard box cover with slimline cases - which are my favorite. There are three discs with two movies on each - six movies total. The artwork on the discs is superb.

Mark of the Vampire - stars Bela Lugosi and features great vampire costumes, decor, and horror movie atmosphere. It's a good movie and I feel strangely drawn to re-watching it.

My Score: 5 out of 5 stars

The Mask of Fu Manchu - stars Boris Karloff. It's a very elaborate  movie. I've had a hard time following it, probably good if you watch it many times.

My Score:  3 out of 5 stars.

Doctor X -  a pretty good, strange, weird who-dun-it. Almost sci-fi.

My Score: 4 out of 5 stars.

The Return of Doctor X - Totally unrelated to the aforementioned "Doctor X." This is a classic movie featuring Humphrey Bogart. It's the concept of a scientific vampire.

My Score: 5 out o 5 stars.

Mad Love - stars Peter Lorre. Good movie about a doctor gone wrong. Feature Colin Clive who played Henry Frankenstein.

My Score: 5 out of 5 stars.

The Devil Doll - Featuring early FX and the miniaturization of things, not a bad movie.

My Score - 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment