Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spooky Victorian Lanterns



I recently started taking my Coleman propane lantern camping with me. Unfortunately it doesn't have a protective box, and being glass, it broke. Too bad! I bought another one, the next size bigger because that's all they had. Finally after a week or two I had to admit that this thing is just too big so I returned it. The whole incident got me thinking about how much light do I really need? Actually a Bic lighter makes about as much light as I need. Aside from my wind-up flashlight and make-shift flashlight my iPod. Well, being the inventive type, this caused me to start thinking about making my own lantern that would suit my needs for lighting and space better than the store bought stuff. Of course, I would want it to look as cool as I can. Oddly, yesterday I was at the hardware store picking up some supplies for some boxes I'm making and I spied these very cool-looking lanterns They are electric and bigger than I need but I couldn't help admiring how cool they look.


No comments:

Post a Comment