Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review - Mark of the Vampire

I love Mark of the Vampire, but it contains a big twist near the end of the movie that will ruin it for most horror fans. Because of this, I’ve decided to discuss it with a SPOILER ALERT!

 
 
Alright, the big twist near the end is that the vampires in the movie turn out to be actors instead of real vampires. When I first watched the movie I thought the vampires were real like in Dracula (1931), then all of a sudden it is revealed that they are only actors - totally ruined it for me - and what a shame! After a few viewings I finally got over it and can now enjoy the spookiness.
The movie creates vampire lore in the local village much like Dracula (1931). A murder makes a killing look like the work of a vampire to avoid detection. The police attempt to freak-out the murderer - in hopes of getting a confession - by employing actors to play vampires.
That said, the vampire props in the movie are my favorite. I especially like the graveyard and the weird sci-fi sound buzzing in the background when the vampire’s are a foot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment