Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review - Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1932)

I downloaded the movie "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" (1932) from iTunes. Overall it's a good movie, although more human drama than horror. The cinematography is great and I loved the top hats, capes, buildings, and furnishings - not to mention the ladies! Here's a Youtube film clip to demonstrate what I mean:


Mad Scientists movies were all the rage at this time, but I must confess to being less than impressed with the puny laboratories in most of these movies that contain only a few lousy test tubes. I'm happy to say that this movie features a laboratory worthy of a mad scientist - as featured in the photo below:


Again, the movie is very human and not very fantastic like horror movies are. You actually feel sorry for poor Dr. Jekyll and I could go so far as to say that it's actually a tear-jerker (although I didn't cry.) My Score: 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment